Planning To Get Married
Learn how we can help you make the right choices for life’s important financial decisions.
Our experts can provide you with more information on:
- How to design your Tax Minimising Strategy
- How to find a property that pays for itself
- How to invest smart
- Refinancing your current loan with a new one
- How to build a debt-recycling strategy
- and more…
"Marriage is an exciting milestone, and an important time for talking about financial change"
Wedding plans can bring many added expenses and the need to make financial decisions as a couple. When you plan ahead together, your financial decisions can be easier for both of you.
We can help you manage your financial life together by helping you consider:
- The ways your marriage may affect your financial situation and your short, medium and long-term goals.
- How you’ll manage money as a couple.
- Whether any existing debts will affect either of you.
- Any investments you hold and whether changes will be needed.
- The need for insurance such as Income Protection, Death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) and Trauma Insurance and whether they will be appropriate for both of you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q : Do we need Financial Advice when getting Married?
A: Preparing to get Married can be daunting, we can help you to achieve your goals. Let’s work out how much you can afford to spend on your Wedding and then, we can create a Financial Savings Plan.
It is important to discuss your finances with your Partner to ensure you both work towards the same goal.
Q : How can you help us?
A: Planet Wealth will help you establish a savings plan by identifying your goals short, medium and long term. We can provide ongoing support and guidance through regular reviews and ensure you are on track to meet your needs.
Q : What else should we consider?
A: Knowing each other’s priorities is the first step towards sharing goals, things to consider:
- Managing finances as a Couple
- Bank accounts: Joint Bank accounts / Individual Bank accounts
- Managing current debts and future debts
- Budget and Cashflow requirements
- Asset ownership
- Job security
- Contingency Plan
You can also contact us or AMP if you do not wish to receive information about products, services or offers available from us or AMP from time to time